Saturday, September 5, 2009

Shadow Shot Sunday #19

G'day

Here is my Shadow Shot for this Sunday.

This shot was taken on Friday 4th September on my travels into country, visiting an old bridge in town, with walkways and paths to view the scenery. This picture is in black and white mode, taken with my Nokia N95.



Visit Tracy at Shadow Shot Sunday SSS for her collage of shadow shots from previous entries and join in the fun on Sundays.



*********************
Have a Great Sunday

and

Happy Fathers Day to All
in Aussie Land
*************

R.I.P. Dad
Always in my Thoughts, Heart and Mind
Miss you Everyday

***
As I sit searching for an understanding
I feel that you are near and not far
But not close enough
I search some more
But I feel you are leaving
Why I ask
No reply
Please stay I say
Then I feel your presence return
You are the one I search for
It is you dad
The one I missed for so long

***
I wrote this poem just after my dad's passing
Please do not copy
Ask for permission if you wish to do so

12 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Soft and lovely shot! And beautiful words for your father!

Sylvia

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Lovely shadows! Black and white makes it very interesting.
Karla & Karrie

Gemma Wiseman said...

Delightful, enchanting landscape view! And thank you for sharing your sensitive tribute to your father!

Hey Harriet said...

That's a great Nokia shadow shot!!!

That's a lovely poem about your dad. Sad, but lovely. Father's Day must be tinged with sadness for you. I'm Sorry. xo

jabblog said...

That is a lovely shot - so peaceful and inviting, balm for the eyes.

A Wild Thing said...

What a wonderful walk you had, long side memories of your dear Dad...beautiful!

GalleryJuana said...

Beautiful tribute to your Father and the bridge seems symbolic in this context.

Crafty Green Poet said...

lovely soft shadows...

Sarah said...

That is a lovely photo-it almost looks painting like the way the tones of light blend. Lovely words for your Father too.

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Hi Monika! Love your shot...it looks like a frame from an old, old movie...Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

What a lovely scene in black and white! Happy Father's Day in Australia!

David T. Macknet said...

A truly interesting shot: shadow + black & white makes for a challenge to pick out what's real and what's not. Neat!