Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Close up! Great experience

Hello all, how are you on this Wednesday the 17th of June?
It is an Ok morning no sunshine, yet, here in Ozzie Land.

Just a note, my small treasury is on the previous post.

Ya hooo, I just reached 120 hearts in my Crochet Creations store, how cool, thank you so much :)

Last week I had a great experience in my own backyard.
I have an apple tree and I get visitors for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
They are the most beautifully colored parrots.
They were so calm and at peace, that I was able to take close up shots, I was
about 50cm away from them pointing my camera at them, but they did keep an eye on me.
Here are some photos I took. I felt I could almost touch them and feed them from my hand.


Bottoms up and lets dig in!!


and here is my Puddy cat, he was around me when I was taking the shots of the parrots, now how calm and trusting they are, it is so beautiful. What I feel inside reflects to them! :)



As I am waiting for details for my first featured Etsy seller, I will give you some oddities to read.

The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.
There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
The toothbrush was invented in 1498.
Mageriricophobia is the intense fear of having to cook.
People do not get sick from cold weather; it's from being indoors a lot more.
Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most stolen from public libraries.
On average, a four-year-old child asks 437 questions a day.

I love these little oddities, I should have collected them, I think I will from now on and post some now and then, cool.

Have a fabulous day everyone :) Smile and be Happy :)
MOnikaROse

P.s. THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE RETURNED THE FAVOR OF FEATURING ME

3 comments:

Sarah said...

How cool that you have THOSE birds in your backyard. It's things like that that make me realize how boring the US is sometimes. We have to go to the zoo to see parrots and many people have never even been able to see a bald eagle in the wild (I have seen eagles only a handful of times). Puddy looks like he is mad that they are teasing him...is he thinking "dinner"?

Ebie said...

Your cat is so cute. And look at your birdies! How cheerful and colorful!

Allison said...

How amazing to have parrots in your apple trees! We have apple trees in our yard too, but no parrots here in Canada. Although we do get lovely cedar wax wings eating our fruit. Love your puddy cat!