Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Crochet Granny Mandala

G'day
Just started and finished today this beautiful crochet pattern called Granny Mandala
The pattern can be found @ Crochet with Raymond ---> Revisiting the Granny Mandala

I used a 4mm crochet hook and 8ply 100% acrylic yarn, solid colors, in total 14 colors.

Finally I have come across a pattern that works in the round and stays flat and is large, 42cm (16 1/2 inches) across, plus easy to follow instructions, especially when increases are necessary.

I used the solid colors that I have left over from my finally completed Ripple Blanket. I found a color chart on the net and followed the colors, one after the other. Not bad, but Alice colors are fabulous and they flow. So for my next Granny Mandala I will be more selective with colors.

********************************************************************************

Ripple Blanket
Pattern found @ Attic24 ---> Neat Ripple Pattern
Easy to follow pattern with clear pictures to see stitches.

I used a 5mm bamboo crochet hook and 8ply 100% acrylic yarn in solid colors, randomly chosen.
I am not sure when I started this blanket, but was a while ago. The size fits queen bed. Simple border, single crochet stitch with my colors of choosing and the edging a reverse single crochet stitch in darker purple. Loved crocheting this blanket, always sitting on my desk ready to be continued with when I felt like a pick me up. I think this is my favorite crochet blanket, just full of color, makes me smile every time I pass by. This is the easiest ripple blanket pattern I have come across.

cya soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your mandala is just gorgeous! I love the way you have used the colours, it's fantastic and I'm so pleased that the pattern worked for you!
Thank you for mentioning me in your post!
I love seeing so many beautiful mandalas all oer the blogiverse!
Have a lovely christmas XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX